• All visitors must obtain a permit before hiking this area. More information here: https://www.ebmud.com/recreation/buy-trail-permit/ Explore the Beauty of Upper San Leandro Reservoir. This location offers excellent views and sense of being fully immersed in a natural setting. The trails connect to Anthony Chabot Regional Park and Redwood Regional Park. Start on the Riche Loop Trail, then take the Rimmer Creek Trail to the King’s Canyon Loop Trail. Continue onto the Rocky Ridge Trail if you are feeling ambitious.
History of the Evil Eye
By: Blue Door Beads
Greece. The evil eye is an apotropaic visual device, is dating back to Greece in at least the 6th century BC, when it commonly appeared on drinking vessels. The significance of the evil eye is especially prominent in the Mediterranean and West Asia. The evil eye is a “look” or “stare” bad luck for the person at whom it is directed for reasons of envy or dislike. This means that most believe that where ever your evil eye is facing, that is where is it protecting, so people put they eye facing their front doors or around their neck so that it is facing towards the evil to stare at it.
Fully Furnished Examples
Hillcrest Apartments in Oakland is a great place to call home. We offer a variety of apartment sizes to fit your needs, and our apartments are all newly renovated with modern features. We also have a variety of amenities to make your life easier, including on-site laundry facilities, secured parking, and 24-hour emergency maintenance.
Our apartments are located in the Grand Lake neighborhood of Oakland, which is a vibrant and diverse community with a lot to offer. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, and cultural attractions within walking distance, and Lake Merritt is just a short bike ride away.
We are committed to providing our residents with a comfortable and welcoming home. Our staff is friendly and helpful, and we are always available to answer your questions or address any concerns. We also offer a variety of resident events and activities to help you get to know your neighbors and make the most of your time at Hillcrest Apartments.
If you are looking for a great place to live in Oakland, Hillcrest Apartments is the perfect choice. We offer a variety of apartments to fit your needs, and our community is warm and welcoming. Contact us today to learn more about our apartments and to schedule a tour.
Here are some of the things you can do in the Grand Lake neighborhood:
- Visit the Grand Lake Farmers Market, which is held every Sunday.
- Take a walk or bike ride around Lake Merritt.
- Visit the Chabot Space & Science Center.
- See a show at the Paramount Theatre.
- Go shopping at the Lake Merritt BART station.
- Enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants in the neighborhood.
We hope to see you soon at Hillcrest Apartments!